For User- Information
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. For example, If you are a residential customer, we collect Personal Information when you request a quote or complete a survey on our Website or Mobile App; request a proposal or create an account with us or our dealer; lease equipment; apply for financing; download and install our Mobile App; communicate with our dealers or call center; sign up for our newsletters; or submit a comment or question to us using a “contact us” or similar feature on our Website or Mobile App. We collect Personal Information such as your name; Social Security number; date of birth; physical addresses; e-mail addresses; and telephone numbers. We also collect this information about co-owners of the residence at which your home solar system is installed. We also collect your account username and password; the name of your utility company; electricity usage information, annual electricity consumption, average monthly utility bill amounts; type of home; and whether you own or rent your home.
If you are a residential customer, your Home Solar System sends us and our dealers and service providers granular information about your electrical system and the electricity usage in your home (collectively, “Electricity Information”). For example, we receive:
Information about the solar-related equipment in your home, including makes, models, serial numbers, sizes, locations in your home, and photographs of the equipment as it is installed and of locations in your home where it is installed
- Information about the amount of electricity produced by your system, when it is generated, and the amount used by your household, and by certain areas and appliances within your household
- Equipment installation diagrams, roof diagrams, shading reports
- Power, voltage, current, frequency, flow rates
- System performance information
- Thermostat settings
- HVAC daily and calendar schedule
- Number of bedrooms in your home
- At-home / Away-from-home system settings
- System operating parameters
- Load control settings
- Air and water temperatures
- Pool heating / ventilation settings
- System alerts
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of your home Internet network
We receive updated Electricity Information from your Home Solar System wirelessly approximately every 15 minutes. Electricity Information can suggest whether a household is vacant or inhabited, and whether inhabitants are asleep or awake, and can detect whether an appliance is not electricity-efficient
Solar Renewable Energy Credit (SREC) Program
- Electricity production information
- Meter readings
- Information about the solar-related equipment in your home, including makes, models, serial numbers, sizes, locations in your home, and photographs of the equipment as it is installed and of locations in your home where it is installed
- Polar voltage
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of your home Internet network
With respect to our dealers and their representatives only: Our Mobile App collects precise information about the geographic location of your mobile device. If your device is equipped with GPS or can connect with wireless access points or hot spots, or if your device is also a phone that communicates with cell towers or satellites, then your device is able to use these features to determine its precise geographic location. If you have consented using your device’s settings, the geographic location of your device will be transmitted to our servers in real time any time that the Mobile App is running (even if you are not actively using the Mobile App or it is minimized on your device). Once you set your device to transmit its location information to us, your device will continue to transmit its location information to us until you set your device to no longer do so. We use your location information to locate installation sites so that you may identify where your nearest installation job is.
Social Security Numbers and Date of Birth
If you are a residential customer, we may collect your Social Security number and date of birth when you apply for credit to purchase solar panel equipment from us and when you apply to lease equipment from us. We may use your Social Security number and your date of birth to obtain a copy of your credit report and to collect overdue payment from you.
You may provide your Social Security Number and date of birth directly to us, or to our dealer who will provide it to us. We have a policy to treat your Social Security number as confidential information and to not disclose it to third parties except as allowed by applicable laws. We also have policies and procedures in place to keep it secure, and “need-to-know” access policies so that only those of our personnel, agents, dealers and lenders who need it for our business have access to it. We may disclose your Social Security number to our vendor who obtains your credit report for us, our collections vendors who help us to collect unpaid amounts due, and our financial servicing partner who may extend credit to you, as well as other entities that have legal rights to receive it pursuant to applicable laws. When we dispose of your Social Security number, we have a policy to either shred it or degauss it from electronic media. Our personnel who violate our policies to protect Social Security numbers are subject to discipline, including possible termination.
Website and Mobile App Usage Information
As is the case with many Websites and mobile applications, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you use them, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider or wireless carrier, and your general location. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, a unique ID# associated with your device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the language your computer or device is set to, the referring page that linked you to us, your usage of our Website and Mobile App, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your use and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Website you visit when you leave our Website, and any search terms you have entered on our Website, Mobile App or a referral website.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on our Website and Mobile App to collect additional information about your use of them. For example:
- Local shared objects, such as “flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example.
- HTML5 (the language some Websites are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Website or Mobile App usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Website or Mobile App is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on an online page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our online pages.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to your computer or device, and relate your usage information to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
By using our Website or Mobile App, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail. You may tell us that you do not want to receive our promotional messages, or that you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes by setting your communications preferences located in your online account or by sending us your name, address, e-mail and phone number to: email@example.com, You can also opt-out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the e-mail you receive. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. Also, to stop receiving promotional messages from third parties who already have your contact information, please contact them directly.
How is your information used?
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- administering our Services and your account with us
- enabling customers to use our Services and their features
- processing and fulfilling your transactions
- localizing the content that is displayed to you based on your geographical location
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- technology research
- market research
- improving and developing new features and offerings for our Services
- consistent with any communications preferences you have set in your account, sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you.
- protecting our rights and property
- recovering debt and preventing fraud
- customizing our Services to your interests and history with us
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including Personal Information, Electricity Information and Website and Mobile App Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information, information provided to us by governmental agencies and regulators, and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Website, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate
Aggregate De-Identified Information
We aggregate our customer information together in a way that does not reveal our customers’ names, contact information or personal identities. Once we do this, we may use and disclose such aggregate and de-identified information in any way and for any purpose allowed under applicable law without your consent.
Do we share Personal Information and Website Usage Information with others?
Yes. If you are a residential customer, we may share your information:
- with our dealers
- with our affiliates
- with our co-branding partners, if you consent, for them to use in accordance with their own privacy policies
- with our service providers to help operate our Services (such as the vendors of the solar equipment monitoring meters in your home, traders of solar renewable energy credits, our customer call center, our Website and Mobile App developers, our hosting companies, email service providers, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such Information on our behalf). We contractually obligate these service providers to use and access Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions for us and for no other purposes
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, in the event of an emergency or to protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, law enforcement, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law
- with credit bureaus, such as late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business
When you speak with our customer service call center, your calls may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. By speaking with our call center, you consent to this.
Third-Party Ad Servers and Networks
We do not use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you use our Website or Mobile App
Your Access Rights
You may review, update or correct certain of the Personal Information and Electricity Information that is stored in your user account (if you have one) on our Website or Mobile App by logging in to the “My Account” or by contacting us using the “Contact Us” information below. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete information is subject to our Records Retention Policy.
We retain your Personal Information, Electricity Information and Website and Mobile App Usage Information for as long as we need it for a legitimate business purpose, in accordance with our Records Retention Policy. When we delete it, it is deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives. When we dispose of your sensitive Personal Information or Electricity Information, we have a policy to either shred it or degauss it from electronic media.
While we will strive to our best ability to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information and Electricity Information, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by e-mail or using Web forms such as via the “Contact Us” link on our Website, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission
If you create an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Our Website or Mobile App may contain links that lead to other Websites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Website visited after leaving our Website or Mobile App to learn about how your information is treated by others.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
You agree to enter into, sign and receive this consent to receive communications electronically. Print this page using your Internet-connected computer or device and web browser to retain a copy of your consent. You can withdraw your consent to receive this consent electronically. Mail us at High Up Solar System, Jaipur request a free copy of your consent, update your contact information or for other customer service.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
303,Third Floor Axis Mall
C-50 ,Bhagwan Das Road
C-scheme ,Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001
Mobile: +91-098752 94999